Monday 19 December 2011

The Fashionfish : Ornithology I, II, III





Ornithology (from Greek: ὄρνις, ὄρνιθος, ornisornithos, "bird"; and λόγος, logos, "rationale" or "explanation") is a branch of zoology that concerns the study of birds. 

D part of Ourfish wanted to showcase this fabulously feathery creation from Empyreal Dreams which is up for grabs for the POE hunt. (mentioned in The Discoveryfish 17/12/2011) Glam aside, this place is well worth visiting on its own - 

To quote :
Empyreal Dreams is an ongoing collaborative art project between two Second Life residents - Ariel Wingtips and Remington Aries. It’s aim, to visualize famous poems and literature using Second Life as a canvas. When complete our anthology will contain 12 works. Despite living on opposite sides of the globe, Second Life has given us the power to quickly work together in real time to turn our dreams into virtual realities
Currently they have five of their collaborative efforts up to view and they are :
  • The Owl and The Pussy-Cat by Edward Lear
  • The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  • The Bluebell by Emily Brontë



And so borrowing a leaf from their book - Ourfish presents Ornithology I,II, III, visually interpreting "Bird Song" by Florence & The Machine in  Virtual Haute Couture


Songwriters: Devente Hynes, Florence Welch


Ornithology I
Well, I didn't tell anyone but a bird flew by
Saw what I'd done
He set up a nest outside
And he sang about what I'd become
He sang so loud, sang so clear
I was afraid all the neighbors would hear
So I invited him in just to reason with him
I promised I wouldn't do it again

Ornithology II
But he sang louder and louder inside the house
And now I couldn't get him out
So I trapped him under a cardboard box
And stood on it to make him stop 
I picked up the bird and above the din I said
"That's the last song you'll ever sing"
Held him down, broke his neck
Taught him a lesson he wouldn't forget

But in my dreams began to creep
That old familiar tweet, tweet, tweet
Ornithology III
Ornithology III
I opened my mouth to scream and shout
I waved my arms and flapped about
But I couldn't scream and I couldn't shout
Couldn't scream and I couldn't shout
I opened my mouth to scream and shout
I waved my arms and flapped about
But I couldn't scream I couldn't shout


The song was coming from my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth
From my mouth





Fashion Direction :


~ E.D.C~ Feather Dress (Ruby) - for POE. is complete and includes shoes.


Candy Nail #P032 Feather Red


Twilight Muse Darkened - Feather Collar + Shoulder Pieces by Hollow Angel Designs






Visage


KOSH- WET LIPS -rose red-


-Glam Affair- CELEBRITY - Eyelashes 08 (Tintable)


!lamb. Unbirthday Redux - Blood Fruit (Hair)






Vintage :


:::SPLIT PEA:: little bird, come into my body - strings (Jun. 2010) by melatonin.hax


mika - Feather Hat With Veil 'Demimonde' (Black) (Mar. 2011) by mikaela.rasmuson


No comments:

Post a Comment